Monday, September 10, 2018

3D printed Kitties!

At Michigan Fiberfest last month, we visited (and by "visit" I mean--after we'd been through everything [I thought] and were getting treats as we prepared to leave, the girls told me they'd seen 3D printed spindles at a couple booths, including one of the booths in the exhibition barn. I missed them. Booths were closing. We were leaving. Um, maybe just a quick trip back that direction to take a look?) Sarah's Bullsheep Fibery booth and fell in love with her perfect (seriously perfect, like they spin so smooth with no gyrations or wobble) teeny little spindles, especially the Kitty spindles.



Emily bought an orange Kitty spindle and Crystal got an all black one. I loved the contrast of her fuchsia whorls on the carbon shaft but Sarah didn't have a kitty spindle in these colors. I couldn't wait to custom order one as soon as she reopened her Etsy shop--BullSheepFibery.This little beauty came today! I haven't been this excited about someone else's spindles since I got my Golding. If you love  wee little (it's 7-8 gms, without [I think?] the beads/yarn balls, which three sets of different colors come with it) perfectly spinning spindles with a super modern twist (3D printed whorls, seriously??), you need one of her spindles. She has larger ones too.
Happily spinning dyed cormo locks with my Kitty spindle...

No comments: