Tuesday, September 11, 2018

HA, a finished object!

While trying to clear off our giant junk collec....er...ottoman, I moved my gym bag. I moved my knitting bag. I moved couch pillows, a bra and some socks. (All to the couch, now I have to clear that off too, see how this goes?). I started to move a package containing fibery items from a (currently on hold) yarn club subscription through Darn Good Yarn. Oooh, there's some lovely bright silk yarn in there. Didn't that package also include a plant hanger pattern? I should make some plant hangers for my kitchen window. My Meyer lemon trees will need to come back inside soon. Air plant hanger. Not quite what I had in mind. Opened my Pinterest. Jumped on Ravelry. Made some drawings (which I will lose or forget about and not know what the hell it was if I ever find them again). A couple hours later...

Back to the package. The silk ribbon yarn (reclaimed strips of silk sari) came with a bowl pattern, didn't it. Oh, wait. I never got the pattern. I don't think? I went to the website and saw it was on sale, only $0.99. Added a couple things--mystery item? How can I resist? $15 yarn bowl? Oh, why not?-- to my cart, went to pay and realized I'd need to get up and find my wallet. Or, I could sign in. My payment info was probably already there. Um. It was. And so was the link to the bowl pattern that I'd already downloaded back in January. D'oh. (cancelled the order, in case you were wondering) And, hey, I just happened to have 10.5 circular needles sitting right here on my table. The US 8 dpns needed came in the package. So I made a bowl.

Why?
Do I need
 a knitted bowl?

The ottoman is still a mess. But I moved my dry bag and two reusable shopping bags. To the couch. Next to the other stuff I moved (yesterday).

But I cleared off the kitchen counter to take these pics. I felt so productive, I decided to reward myself with some more spinning time on my sweet kitty spindle. And also decided I really love the shaft, made from a US2 Knitter's Pride Karbonz dpn. Warm needle body, slick metal tip. I think I'd like to knit with them. Hmmm...this may be showing up at my house by Thursday. It may be my 4th set of interchangeable needles. I use them all. OK, I start using them, leave them in UFOs and then need new ones when I want to start new projects. Don't judge.


No comments: