Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Fluff

My Mother's Day gift arrived in today's mail--a ball winder from Woolhouse Tools. Yay for a ball winder with no gears to strip or plastic crank to sheer off! I haven't yet been able to really put it to the test. I'll need to drill some pilot holes on the other side for the clamp brackets because my umbrella swift lives permanently to the right (out of the way of traffic). Will definitely give a review once it's in place.


I started and finished a knit project that I didn't even log in my Rav projects. It's kind of a secret.
Here's a peek at what it looked like last night...er...early this morning but before I went to bed.

I've been working on some plying. Three ply-- one single is sw merino/tencel, two are merino/alpaca. I tried to get a shot of the singles on the bobbins but the light wasn't great, it rained all day and I was too tired to rig up better lighting inside. Oh, wait, the lone single is the first pic here and the other two are the brown (taupe) version of the green merino/alpaca in the second pic there. I'm pretty sure it looks at least a little less crappy in person than it does in this not-so-awesome, badly lit, slightly out of focus pic.


Oh, I did a little decorating at the Koffee Klutch, where we Zombie Prom Date Knitters hang out on Tuesday afternoons Sept-June. Poor LuAnn (owner) has had to deal with all kinds of crazy with sidewalks being replaced right outside her front door. The construction guys screwed up and made the corner of her building practically fall off the edge of the earth, leaving the door all scree-scrawed (yes, those are words). She really needed something purty there.

This was part of Fiber Arts Friday. For more fun blogs, visit Wonder Why Gal.

2 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Your new ball winder is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait for your review because my knitpicks plastic one is already falling apart.

Another Clapotis? Love it! I really want to make another one, I'm giving my first one to my sister for her birthday because she fell in love with it.

Your bobbin looks so purty! I can't wait to see the finished yarn.

As usual, you inspire me to be a better knitter and spinner. Thank you for sharing with us at Fiber Arts Friday.

Dave said...

Oh, that's a great ball winder!! I'm looking forward to your review. I read on Rav where someone was using a ball winder to make their plying balls. I think that would be much easier on the wrists.