Friday, April 23, 2010

fibery stuffs Friday

Eh, I've been spinning.
I had this gorgeous 2.1 oz bit of 50/50 sw merino/tencel

Chai colorway from Yarn Hollow

merino/tencel Chai colorway from Yarn Hollow

That I thought would be really nice spun fine
and plied with a fine single of this 70/30 merino/alpaca

70/30 merino/alpaca

But when I pulled it out of one of the bins and put them together,
I decided they really didn't work all that well.
So I dug out some lovely silk from Copperpot Woolies

silk from Copperpot Woolies

Which really doesn't work with the first fiber either.
But does work really well with the merino/alpaca.

That totally didn't work out as expected.
But I like it.





4 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

Welcome to Fiber Arts Friday! Thank you for linking in.

I think that's why we need so many bobbins. I have the same problems with thinking a blend is going to work then you spin it up and the color changes.

Now you'll have two beautiful skeins once you figure out what to blend with that first bobbin.

Holly Bee said...

I love all the colors!

Glad you're back on the blogan!

Anonymous said...

They are all beautiful. I can understand why the decision is so difficult. :D

Teresa
http://teresasdesk.wordpress.com

AllyB said...

A great color combo. And the shine in that fiber is great.